Wondering how to install a Zipwake Dynamic Trim Control System, or looking for further information? We use Zipwake here in NZ (New Zealand), to be specific we use a Zipwake KB300-S system on our Surtees 610 Gamefisher and love them.
While it can be a little daunting doing the installation of Zipwakes yourself, it can certainly be done and the documentation supplied in the Zipwake kits is excellent.
Key Zipwake installation points:
- The transom must be relatively flat where each interceptor is to be mounted
- Mount interceptors as far outward as possible although inside well inside the transom
- The bottom edge of the interceptor should be flush with the hull
- Tip: Use the ignition switch connection to automatically turn the system on and off with your engine
- Tip: Programme the Zipwakes to not operate at low speed if you are into trolling. That way they won’t be constantly adjusting when trolling
Zipwake S Series Downloads:
- Zipwake S Series Installation Instructions
- Zipwake S Series Product Specification
- Zipwake Operating Principles
- Operators Quick Reference Guide
- S Series Quick Sizing Guide